A Shared Resource and Service Center Laboratory -
- The Bioanalytical Laboratory is a shared resource and service center located in the School of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmaceutics at Virginia Commonwealth University Medical College of Virginia. We are dedicated to analytical support of collaborative research throughout the university and the external scientific community. The laboratory carries out faculty and graduate student research projects. The Service Center combines the management skills of an outside independent laboratory with the scientific expertise of an academically-based center. This combination provides a synergistic environment where scientific and management objectives are dealt with in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Modern instrumentation and procedures necessary for Current Good Laboratory Practice (cGLP) and FDA guidance compliance
- Many projects completed for Federally and industrially funded research
- Small and large molecule quantitative bioanalysis
- Drug formulation; stability indicated method develoment and validation, potency, purity
- Biorelevant in vitro drug release studies: design and build in vitro devices, validation for predicting in vivo release.