The mission of the Department of Pharmacotherapy & Outcomes Science is five-fold. The department will:
- Engage professional and graduate students in educational experiences that ensure competence and instill commitment to improving patient-centered pharmacy care.
- Promote the role of the pharmacist as an essential member of the inter-professional healthcare team by developing and documenting the value of innovative patient-centered practice models that are used for the education and training of future practitioners.
- Promote and develop a research agenda that will generate scholarship by faculty and students, advance the profession and improve medication use.
- Serve society and the pharmacy profession through leadership at the local, national and international levels.
- Provide quality professional development to practicing pharmacists.
To read more, see Strategic Plan 2012-2017 (pdf)