vcu banner

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Can I get funding?

    Funding (i.e., tuition support and stipend)  is available for the Pharm.D./Ph.D. track only.

  • Do I need to take the PCAT or GRE to apply?

    PCAT scores are required for admission to the Pharm.D. program.  If you apply for the Pharm.D./Ph.D. track, the GRE is required.  The GMAT is required for the Pharm.D./M.B.A..  See the application for more information about application requirements.

  • Where do I get the application for the CDP?

    Application information is available from Jurgen Venitz (Pharm.D./Ph.D.), David Holdford (Pharm.D./M.B.A.), Amy Pakyz (Pharm.D./M.P.H.) or Patty Slattum (Pharm.D./Certificate in Aging Studies). Application forms are available on Blackboard.

  • How long does it take to complete the extra degree?

    Depending on the student, approximately:

     Traditional Program
    (without Pharm.D. program)

    Combined degree
    (years beyond Pharm.D.)

    M.B.A. 2 years 1 year
    Ph.D. 4 years 2-3 years
    M.P.H. 2 years 1 year
    Certificate of Aging Studies 21 credits No additional time