Student Executive Council
The Student Executive Council (SEC) is an elected group of students that serves as a voice in representing the VCU/MCV School of Pharmacy and was established in 1999 to promote practical education in the process of self-government. The group meets once a month and is comprised of 2 Executive Officers, 4 Class Presidents, 12 Organization Presidents, and has 6 Dean Advisors. The SEC promotes scholastic achievement, encourage understanding and communication with faculty and students, coordinate activities of the School of Pharmacy community, and to further professional, social, and legislative interests within the school and for the profession of Pharmacy.
Mission and Purpose:
The purpose of the SEC is to uphold the interests of the School of Pharmacy student body and to serve as the sole governing group to address the following objectives:
1. Uphold the executive, legislative, and judicial powers of the VCU/MCV School of Pharmacy.
2. Act as liaisons between the School of Pharmacy.
3. To facilitate an open forum for discussion among the leaders of the student organizations, classes and fraternities.
4. To facilitate the planning of the School of Pharmacy student activities including Fall and Spring picnics, Fall Open House, Student Assembly Hours, the Pharmacy Formal, the Interdisciplinary Skills Competition, and School of Pharmacy/MCV Campus Health Fair.
5. To encourage and establish standards of professionalism among the student body.