Department of Pharmacotherapy and Outcomes Science (DPOS) Graduate Student Association
Minutes of DOP GSA meeting held on June 29, 2011
Time and place:
11.30-12.30 pm in Smith building
Maitreyee, Kunal, and Abdul.
Topic: Goals for the Fall semester 2011
Finding candidate speaker for RC Day 2011 and Guest Speaker for departmental seminar:
Organizing fall event.
Organizing Meet & Greet Event for new students.
Providing budget plan for the academic year 2001-2012.
Creating Facebook webpage and updating the DPOS-GSA website.
Minutes of DOP GSA meeting held on Feb 12, 2010
Time and place:
2:20 pm to 2:45 pm in Smith building
Parinaz, Osama, and Ali.
Topic: Finding candidate speaker for the
Who are the possible candidates for the School of Pharmacy Awards Banquet:
Someone from local, Richmond or DC area, who could give interesting useful information to all graduate students from all three departments in our school.
One of the FDA researchers could be a good candidate or a faculty member of any local school of pharmacies (e.g. Gorge Washington University).
Each one of us, Parinaz, Osama, and Ali, will work on preparing a list of possible speakers by early next week.
A final short list should be ready by the end of next week to start emailing the candidate the week after.
Dr. Wu-pong raised the issue that some applicants how got acceptance litter from our school do not come. For that reason she requested our GSA to inform all graduate students in our department that when they refer any new applicant and they should inform him or her that it is very important to either to accept or deny the offer.
Minutes of the DOP GSA meeting held on Feb 2, 2010.
Time and place: Noon to 12:30 pm in smith 446.
Attandants: OP GSA members
1. Celebrated Maitreyee's birthday
2. Points discussed:
- GSA activity for Feb/March was shortlisted to a bowling night and game night (location: MCV Alumni house)
- Doodle survey will be sent out to everyone to finalize a day and time
- Picnic with a potluck will be planned for April or May, depending on when it starts to warm up (stay tuned!)
- Students asked to send in their introductions for GSA website.
- Information on any achievements/awards/scholarships during the past 12 months should be mailed to Parinaz.
- Next GSA meeting will be planned for Feb 23rd. Smith 446 at noon.
Minutes of the Pharmacy GSA meeting held on Jan. 22, 2010.
Time and place:
12:40 pm to 1:20 pm in Smith building
Parinaz, Osama, Ali.
Birthday parties for members of our GSA:
A list of names of our graduate students and their birthdays will be created. Two students will be allocated for each month to be responsible for the party(s) in that month.
Spring indoor activity:
In one Friday night of next month (Feb. 2010) we will arrange for an indoor activity for the members, their families and/or one or two friend(s). We could do bowling, laser tagging, or ice skating.
A picnic in either Maymont Park or Joseph Braynt Park on a nice weather weekend day will be arranged. Members of our GSA, their families, and/or friends will enjoy that day and have some outdoor fun and games.
Summer outdoor activity:
Also, next summer we will arrange for an outdoor activity which will be in either a theme park or somewhere else as suggested by the GSA members.
Other GSA in the school of pharmacy will be contacted to arrange for a joint activity of all graduate students in the school of pharmacy.
Updating the website of pharmacy GSA website
Minutes of the Pharmacy GSA meetings held every month from Jan, 2007 to now:
Pharmacy: Sheetal Dharia, Urvi Desai, Omar Ibrahim,Avani Joshi, Mallika Lala, Dipen Patel, Suzanne Phillips, Amit Somani, I-Wen Yu, Hala Zreikat.
1. New EC election: This is the first GSA EC election in the department of Pharmacy. The newly elected members of the EC are:
PHAR GSA President:
PHAR GSA Vice-President:
PHAR GSA Secretary & Treasurer:
2. PHAR GSA by-law: attachment
3. PHAR GSA Webpage Assignments: Each member was in charge of a part of content and design for webpage.
4. Welcome activity for New Students, fall 2007: PHAR GSA will offer welcome packet with information useful for new students, and hold a welcome dinner with new students on August 23rd or 24th
5. PHAR Seminar Speaker: PHAR GSA will involve suggesting the speakers for departmental seminar.
6. Alumni list: PHAR GSA is working with Dr. Slattum to identify alumni for pharmacy department and gather their current information.
7. List of invitees for the Career and Research Day: EVERYONE is encouraged to submit the name of at least ONE invitee but more names are highly welcome
8. Interdisciplinary speakers: PHAR GSA is in charge of invitation and arrangement of interdepartmental speaker for upcoming spring semester.