David A. Holdford, Ph.D.
Vice Chair for Graduate Studies
Department of Pharmacotherapy & Outcomes Science
Location: McGuire Hall, Room 213
Phone: (804) 828-6103
David A. Holdford, BSPharm., M.S., PhD, FAPhA received his B.S. in Pharmacy from University of Illinois, M.S. from Ohio State, and Ph.D. from South Carolina. Prior to entering academia, he practiced as a hospital pharmacist in Chicago and South Carolina.
Dr. Holdford conducts research, teaches, and consults in health outcomes research, pharmaceutical marketing, and leadership development. He is the author of several published textbooks in Pharmacy and has authored over 100 papers and book chapters in health care and business publications.
School of Pharmacy
Dept of Pharmacotherapy & Outcomes Science
410 N 12th Street
P.O. Box 980533
Richmond, VA 23298-0533
Fax: (804) 628-3991
Area of Focus
- Marketing of Drugs
- Applied Pharmacoeconomics
- Marketing of Pharmacist Services
- Medication Safety
- Ph.D., Pharmacy Administration (University Of South Carolina, 1995)
- B.S., Pharmacy (University of Illinois at Chicago, 1980)
- M.S., Pharmacy Administration (Ohio State University, 1981)
The publications search is performed on the
National Library of Medicine's PubMed database. The search may be slow during
high traffic hours, may return articles authored by another researcher with a similar
name and may not always find all of a researcher's articles.
- Books/Book Chapters
- Holdford DA. Marketing For Pharmacists. 2nd Edition. American Pharmaceutical Association Publications, Washington, Dc. 2007.
- Holdford DA, Brown TR, editors. Introduction to Hospital and Health-System Pharmacy Practice. 1st ed. Bethesda, Maryland: American Society of Health-Systems Pharmacists; 2010. (IN PRESS)
- Leadership And Advocacy For Pharmacy
By Cynthia J. Boyle (Editor), Robert S. Beardsley (Editor), David A. Holdford (Editor) American Pharmacists Association Publications, Washington, Dc. 2007.